The day before you have your plastic surgical procedure with Dr. Brenner is very important. Here is what you need to remember:
1. Confirm your surgery time. We will call you to confirm the time of your surgery. If you will be away from your home phone, office phone or cell phone, please remember to call Dr. Brenner’s office to confirm your time at 310.777.5400.
2. Do not drink alcohol the night before surgery. Doing so may increase your risk of post-surgical nausea and vomiting.
3. Eating & drinking. Do not eat or drink anything after 12:00 midnight, the night before your operation. This includes water and gum. If you take a daily medication, you may take it with a small sip of water in the early morning on the day of your surgery. It is not safe to administer anesthesia to anyone who has consumed solid food or liquids during the 8 hours before surgery.
4. Transportation. Transportation must be provided to and from surgery. You may NOT be released from the surgical center in a taxi or with a limosine driver. You will need an adult to stay with you for the first 24 hours post-anesthesia.
5. Cleansing. Please shower and wash the surgical areas with shampoo and soap. No special prescription soaps are necessary.
6. Make-up and contact lenses. Please do not wear moisturizers, creams, lotions, or makeup on the day of surgery. Do not wear contact lenses on the day of surgery.
7. Check-in and arrival. You will be asked to arrive at the surgery center one hour prior to your operation. This will allow ample time for you to complete any last minute paperwork, and for the nurse and anesthesia provider to meet with you and review your medical history.