When looking for a plastic surgeon for a Mommy Makeover in Los Angeles, you should think beyond just the operation. Many patients come to see me requesting that both breast and body contouring to be done in one setting. Most of the time this can be done quite safely. However, abdominoplasty (or panniculectomy) combined with a breast reduction or breast lift is a large operation. Proper recovery is essential. Here are some keys that I find helpful for my patients for Mommy Makeover recovery:
1) Recover in a true surgical recovery facility for one to two nights after surgery if you can.
2) Fill and pick up all of your medications prior to surgery.
3) Nutrition after surgery is important for healing. Make sure that you have your meals planned out ahead of time so that you do not have to go shopping right after surgery.
4) Arrange to have a friend or family member available to help you at home. Especially if you have young kids, you will need the assistance.
5) Coordinate rides to your follow-up doctor appointments ahead of time. You will not be able to drive for the first couple of weeks.